Wednesday, March 26, 2008

quick update

hey everyone! I'm not sure if anyone is actually reading this or not, but I figured I'd update anyway :) Where to start? Work, I suppose. It's okay. Still the same really. I'm trying to make more appointments with the non-profits so I can have up to date information and try to get them more help with volunteers. Also, I'm organizing an informative luncheon and inviting all of the organizations we partner with. I'm trying to get a speaker to help them with maybe grant writing or volunteer recruiting.

Moving on... rugby is going... well enough. Tomorrow night I leave with the team to drive to Nashville for a tournament called NashBash. I'm pretty excited about that. I've been dying to go to Nashville so it's a good opportunity! Then next weekend I'm going to St. Louis to play for Heart of America select side. Basically it's a better team--supposedly. But they're short people so I'll be there to fill in as needed. Also a good travel opportunity so I won't be sitting in my apartment Friday and Saturday night while Benny works, bored out of my mind. After that their rugby season is pretty much over, which suits me fine. The money is a bit too much, between dues and the hour and a half round trip three times a week to the pitch would really take its toll on my budget. So, all in all I'm content with that situation.

I've discovered through talking to several people in the same situation that meeting people and making friends as an adult is nearly impossible. Most people here have been here their whole lives, so they all have friends here. They aren't looking for more friends, especially after college when the majority of people here get married right out of college and have families. That's not a bad thing, but they aren't looking to add the girl from Pennsylvania into their social circle. So I'm working on finding new ways to meet people. I'm thinking about joinging Junior Hospitality. Long story short: it's a group of young women who do things to help in the community. I might also volunteer with one or two of my non-profits that have sparked my interest and hopefully meet a few people that way.

I have a few pictures of me drinking... solo... on St. Patty's day, when I get back from Nashville I'll post some of those pictures as well as pictures from my nash bash travels for your viewing pleasure.

Sadly, that's all I have to update right now. There were things that I thought of during this week that I actually wanted to journal (or I guess blog) about. But I don't remember now what they were. From now on I'll make notes so that I can entertain you all with my senseless babble.

Thank you and good night.

No comments: