Tuesday, July 29, 2008

hokay, so...




So, my lovely dog, Zulu (top picture), is about 9 months old. I was given an approximate age, so from there I decided her birthday was October 29th, 2007. Therefore she is 9 months old-- today, in fact. She is awesome 95% of the time. Then, sometimes, just for fun, she'll shit somewhere. Today it was in her crate while I was at work. I know, as a fact, that her previous owners would hardly ever let her out of her crate, so she did everything in there... ate, slept, pooped... and that's sad and disgusting. But since I've had her she's gotten better in leaps and bounds. So, I know that when she has a small backwards slide like this that I shouldn't get mad at her- but sometimes it's REALLY bad.

Today I walked in my door to have the stench of feces jam itself up my nostrils and down my throat. It was repulsive. I got to her crate, where she was fullly covered in her own shit... and it was everywhere else, too. I had to lay a towel down so she could walk out of her crate on to it, then carry her to the bathroom and put her in the tub. After scrubbing her, I had to throw away the blanket in her crate and clean both of her toys that were caked in shit. I had to scrub out the tray in the bottom of her crate three times with disinfectant. Next I had to wipe down her crate, and the walls around it. I then emptied an entire bottle of fabreeze throughout the apartment.
After all of that, I was sweating like a whore in church, and feeling rather angry. The whole apartment still smells like shit, and it's hot as hell so opening the windows would only serve to cook the shit-house.
This proves that I love my dog-- but doesn't take away from the fact that I want to make her into a doggie slipper right now.

1 comment:

Jen said...

oh my goddaughter... :(